thursday, october 4

october weather is still to cold for swimming as some days are 50 degrees and others are 80, but it does make for perfect days of weaving around the beach boxes.

were at the end of the boys two week school holiday, their last break before summer. i expect this next term to cruz by since we have michael's parents coming in from alaska. did you know michael grow up in alaska? it's been a little over three years since his parents have seen the boys.

that visit will quickly be followed by halloween, our street was streaming with kids last year. i expect the same this year as i've already heard the discussions of "who their going be" floating around the hood.

come november a sweet fifth birthday for my tate. sometimes i secretly hope we have a girl so tate will remain the baby boy. i still call him "baby" and the thoughts of him not being the baby are making me a little nervous. he's so the baby of our home and the entire neighborhood.

my mom will then join us at the beginning of december, i wasn't sure if that was going to happen, but tickets have been purchased and it's happening. for those of you who were curious about our decision to have the boys with us at the birth, they will be home with my mom and possibly join us sometime right before the baby enters the world. maybe? logistics? i am not so worried about those details anymore.

soon after a christmas tree and ribbons of red will appear, and fingers crossed our baby arrives a week or two before school is out.

our due date is sort of fun, 12-12-12. i actually really like that it is written the same in both countries, but i have yet to actually make it to any of my due dates. if by chance the baby does go beyond that date there will be no interference until i am officially two weeks over, which brings us right to christmas eve. my midwife is quite fond of my due date though. she has said if the baby hasn't come before it she will use all her tricks to get that baby born on the twelfth, but trust me once i am 37 weeks i am sure i will be trying every natural remedy to get this baby out.

23 comments:

  1. Look at your handsome boys! The colours here are so vibrant and fresh. Sounds like you have some exciting times ahead with family visiting, I'm so happy for you that your Mum can be there with you when the baby is born, wonderful..x

    The picture of you below is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds all good! The Grandparents will give you a hand and the boys will be entertained and then Halloween and soon after that your Mom is coming over. This is great news, so you can relax and enjoy the last weeks, which will hopefully get your iron-system back on track again.

    Take care and take your time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So strange, here it is getting colder and at your place the kids are wearing summer clothes. Although it seems that you are not far away by reading your story's. I am glad your parents are coming over for 'the baby'

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the vibrant colors of the beach boxes as the background to your "football" player! With so many events planned, the time will just fly by. I actually read a news story, last year, that a women, here in the States, has had three children-- 07-07-07, 09-09-09, and 11-11-11! Wouldn't that be lovely that your wee one come on 12-12-12! And, I'm so glad your mom will be with you, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't believe it!!! Same due date here!!! And you are the second one with that, the other one is an old friend from school :)
    Anyway I think our baby will arrive before it, maybe around 6-8? Let's see what our babies decide.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tate looks as though he just rolled out of bed and by the frown looks like he is over having a picture taken. Love all the colors of those beach boxes. Seems like the weeks are going to be going by quickly. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is sounds like the next few months are filled with amazing things for you. I am due a little over three weeks from your due date. Such a busy time of year! Love the beach shots, if you can't swim then weaving through the sand is a close match. X ashley

    ReplyDelete
  8. I follow your blog and love reading you and your photos... I am due in similar dates like you (well midwife says 08-12-12) For me this is my first child... I send you good wishes from a mexican - australian also living in the peninsula x gloria

    ReplyDelete
  9. I follow your blog and love reading you and your photos... I am due in similar dates like you (well midwife says 08-12-12) For me this is my first child... I send you good wishes from a mexican - australian also living in the peninsula x gloria

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a special due date :)

    I have 41 week pregnancies and so both times I've used induction acupuncture to avoid an unnecessary induction. It worked a treat for me both times. But that's probably because my body was ready, my babies were ready and all the stars were aligned for the birth. Although I was reluctant about it with Joy because I loved carrying her inside me. Anyways, enough about me and more about you!

    This all sounds like a beautiful exciting time for you and your family. It will go so fast. Before you know it, you'll be cuddling your babe in your arms. Happy sigh.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. My great aunt was born on 12.12.12 (1912 that is!). A momentous date.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kristi! Long time no "see". I've been away from blogland a long while now for various reasons but today I decided to catch up on some reading and my oh my, congratulations lady! how exciting that you have a third bubba on the way. i smiled at your due date because guess what? i'm due with our second on the same day! so i'm also secretly hoping that our baby will be punctual since it's a pretty cool birthday :) i hope that you are feeling well and have had a smooth pregnancy so far. i'll be back for more frequent visits to keep updated on the baby news. big hugs from a chilly Paris xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I actually breathed a sigh of relief when I read that your mum will be arriving when you're 38 weeks. You sound like your finding peace K xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So exciting for you and your famiy. What wonderful news and hope little baby comes on due date. My little girl was two weeks over due but then came out with a gush and within 40 min of my waters breaking. I am sure it will be fast and quick and lovely being your third bubba. So wonderful your family is coming to visit! We have now moved from Sydney, Australia to a small town in Patagonia to live in a different culture with my parents.
    take care and rest

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just thinking of you, I hope you're doing well and taking things nice and easy, well as best you can with two little fella's to tend to..x

    ReplyDelete
  17. your 'voice' in this post seems a little lighter, nice to see. just like summer's on its way.. happy that your own mum will be there for you and the family. you pop in and out of my thoughts, but each time you do I send a little blessing and good wishes your way. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Kristi. Hope everything's ok for you.

    Ps. I'm the 13th. Was lucky for me. ;) And in Sweden it's a special day for Lucia which looks pretty magical. Shame i'm not Swedish!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thinking of you and hope you're okay xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Kristi, hope you're all having a lovely time with Michael's parents in town. An exciting, busy few months ahead! Thinking of you. Belinda x

    ReplyDelete
  21. ive been thinking of that belly & the being growing inside & the momma that is growing that being & belly!! hope all is well. xxxx's

    ReplyDelete
  22. Are you OK Krist? A month is a l-o-n-g time in blogland!

    ReplyDelete